środa, 8 lutego 2017

New volunteer in Pomiechówek

Cześć,

We are very happy to announce you that a new volunteer joined the FIYE team on the Erasmus + volunteering adventure! 😃
Saskia arrived from Belgium a week ago and just started her EVS project called “Read, learn and have fun” at the Public Library of Pomiechówek, a small town close to Warsaw. She will volunteer there for the next seven months, until the end of August 2017.

This is the first time the library welcomes an EVS volunteer and for having previously met the workers, I can tell that they were all very enthusiastic about welcoming Saskia on her first day!

We will tell you more about her project in a future article but in the meantime, let her introduce herself:


Hello,

My name is Saskia and I'm coming from Eupen (East Belgium). I was born on 11 December 1995 and I have two younger siblings. In June 2016 I made my A-Level. My mother tongue is German and in school I studied also French, Dutch and English.
Since 2006, I'm playing theater with different groups and wrote an important part of a new theater play, which will have their Premiere in May 2017.
Besides the theater I've been writing short stories, poems and even song lyrics since my childhood. At the moment I'm trying to write a book, which I want to publish after it is finish.
Because I'm a huge Nirvana and Foo Fighters Fan I started to play guitar in October 2016. Music is generally a very important part of my life and I can't live without it.
After my time in Poland with EVS I will try to go to the USA, because I've been dreaming about emigrating to California my whole life. And of course I will study something, maybe creative writing or history or English.

                                                                             *****************

Tuğçe, Marie and I also had the pleasure to welcome Saskia in Pułtusk last Friday to show her our workplaces and daily lives, before having a Polish lunch and her first EVS volunteer meeting with our coordinator Sylwia.

We took this opportunity to discuss our progress in the various competences EVS brings and for Saskia, it was the occasion to think about what she expects of her project. During the weekend, we also celebrated all together the French pancake day, “la Chandeleur” ...



... by eating of course a lot of crêpes!

Stay tuned to hear more about Saskia's project and see you soon,

Julia

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz