środa, 10 maja 2017

Children's University on Turkey



Dzień dobry everyone!

Hello again! As you may know, I am the volunteer from Turkey,
Tuğçe! On the 8th of April, I was invited for a Turkish session at the Children's University at Akademia Humanistyczna im. Aleksandra Gieysztora w Pułtusku and I was very happy to join them.


For this session, I focused on Turkish culture which I believe is very different from Polish culture. I started the session with a little introduction while Marie was helping me make Turkish tea.


While Marie was making the tea, I continued my session. As I said , I've decided to focus on Turkish culture. For this aspect, I prepared a mini quiz for the children. For instance, I asked them if 'Batman' is a city in Turkey. To my surprise, they all answered yes which was correct. This way, I believe they were able to see important parts of Turkish culture, while having fun.


I hope the children enjoyed this part of the session as much as I enjoyed it. It was really nice to see how they reacted to the answers that they didn't expect.

After the mini quiz, the children really got into Turkish culture and learned a dance from our weddings. Now they can join any Turkish wedding without a problem! 



And I finished the session by showing our delicious food, as Turkish cuisine is really different from Polish cuisine in many aspects, especially what we eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I thought that it would be nice for children to see the difference between two amazing cuisines. For this part of the session, they had 15 cards with Turkish dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and they had to divide the dishes into 3 categories (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

And we said goodbye while drinking Turkish tea! 😊




I hope that the children learned from this session as much as I learned. I got a chance to work with kids from different ages. It was challenging as much as It was fun. I definitely gained more knowledge about how to work with kids. 

Do zobaczenia!

Tuğçe

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz